Sunday 24 October 2010

Clinics and Festivals

Last week, I had the pleasure of watching 3 great drummers at work. I went to the Benny Greb drum clinic in Manchester, UK. He was supported by Ash Soan (you may not have heard of him but I bet you've heard records he's played on) and Jake Brown. All 3 were amazing, entertaining and instructive.

Jake is 14 and has been playing drums for, I think, 4 years. Sheesh! I wish I was that good after I'd been playing for 4 years. I'm still not that good!

Jake had planned out a solo incorporating quite an array of my instruments but, as he had his set time cut short, he had to scale back, so just one gong was used. But it's a beauty. Check the video here of Jake's drum solo piece - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PDeBoDZxk



Next weekend, there's another outing for my creations - this time with top L.A. drummer, Tom Coyne. He's playing with Autumn Cannibals at the Whitby Gothic Festival over the Halloween weekend. Tom will use a full set of my cymbals on his kit, plus a Gothic gong or two. Hopefully, I'll be able to film some of that too. I'm looking forwards to watching Tom play.

No comments:

Post a Comment